Last Updated: April 30, 2013
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services. For example, we collect information you provide to us when you register for an account, create or update your profile, participate in any interactive features of the Services, make a purchase, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us through third party social media channels, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The information we collect may include your name, email address, user name, display name, postal address, photos, videos, other contact or demographic information and any other information you choose to provide.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services. For example, if you log in to our Services via Facebook Connect, we collect information about you as permitted by the Facebook Connect terms, including your name, profile picture, email address, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends and any other information you make publicly available.
In addition, when you visit our Services, some information is automatically collected, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. In addition, when you view a video on our Services, we may also set a "flash cookie" on your computer or device. We may also collect information using Web beacons (also known as "gifs," "pixel tags" and "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Services or in our emails. Web beacons are used to monitor user activity, deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Information Choices and Changes" below.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events and other news about King of the Web and our selected partners;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities on our Services;
- personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Our Services are generally designed to encourage open communication and facilitate the sharing of information and opinions. However, we will not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- when you give us your consent, including if we notify you on our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when you upload videos and other content to our Services, such content may be publicly viewable across the Internet (including in online search results) along with your image, display name, and any additional information you provide in connection with such content;
- when you submit a comment or vote in a contest, your display name will be publicly viewable alongside your comment or vote;
- when you participate in a contest, your image, display name and the number of votes you receive will be displayed as part of a leaderboard;
- if you donate your winnings, we will share your personal information with the charity you designate as the recipient, unless you indicate your desire to make an anonymous donation;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- if you enter a contest that is sponsored by a third party, we may share your name and email address with the third party sponsor for various purposes, including prize fulfillment;
- in connection with any, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enable the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
King of the Web takes reasonable measures to help protect your information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ABROAD
King of the Web may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the US and other countries.
King of the Web complies with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. King of the Web has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement. For more information about the Safe Harbor program and to view our certification, please visit www.export.gov/safeharbor.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We may allow third parties to place cookies, web beacons and other devices or technologies on our Services to collect non-personal information about your use of the Services. The data collected typically includes information such as your IP address, the browser you use to visit our Services, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked and conversion information. This information may be used by King of the Web and third parties to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and better understand the usage and visitation of our Services and other sites tracked by these third parties. This Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, third party cookies, web beacons or other tracking technologies and we encourage you to check the privacy policies of these third parties for more information about their privacy practices. In addition, for more information about targeted advertising, and how to opt out of having your information used in this way, please visit www.networkadvertising.org and www.aboutads.info/choices.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
If you create an online account, you have the ability to review and edit your information at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to delete your information or suspend your account, please contact email@example.com. Please note that once you suspend your account, your information will no longer be publicly viewable; however, we may retain archived copies of your information for some period of time.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from King of the Web by following the instructions in those emails, updating your profile preferences or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove and/or reject cookies. Removing and rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
King of the Web may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to the Policy, we will notify you by revising the "Last Updated" date above, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access the Services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
In compliance with the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles, King of the Web commits to resolve complaints about privacy. European Union and Swiss citizens with inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy should first contact us by email. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by King of the Web, you can refer your complaint to the Council of Better Business Bureaus. You may contact the BBB EU Safe Harbor program at: Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU Safe Harbor
3033 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600
Arlington, VA 22201