Contests on Creator Republic
Contest Mechanics, Conduct & Content Guidelines
Creator Republic is a small start-up. Seriously, there are just a handful of us. We are real people who believe in the power of online entertainment and the wisdom of the masses. We also love competition and contests. As a result, we created a vote-based competition, which rewards online talent and personalities with cash, prizes, and recognition. We believe that competition can be exhilarating fun, and upsetting all at once. We embrace this and welcome the good, bad, and ugly of winning and losing. And we know many of you do, too! Think of us as occasional referees, but not judges. We will do our best to keep the site fun and entertaining, while remaining unbiased toward the contest participants. Following the guidelines, below, will help keep the competition fair and fun - whether you're a campaigner or a voter. And remember, our contests may not be for everyone.
How the Contests Work
After creating an account you will be able to cast votes for contest entrants and/or enter one of the contests yourself. If you don’t want to enter a contest or participate as a voter, you can still enjoy our curated Creator Buzz videos and/or check out the many independent video creator Fan Pages or user profiles found across the site.
Contest Entry Content. Contest entrants can create and upload a campaign poster, YouTube videos, blog posts, images, or other content that let voters know why they should vote for you. Your Contest Entry content will be seen and voted on by registered voters. By submitting or posting any Contest Entry content, you agree to follow the content guidelines listed below as well as the Official Game Rules. Make sure you understand them before entering a contest!
Voting in a Contest. After you register for an account, you will receive ten (10) Daily Votes every day in each contest category. These Daily Votes expire each day at 12:00PM Pacific Time. You receive additional Earned Votes by filling the Vote Meter. Earned Votes never expire and there is no limit to how many you can earn. You can cast all of your votes for one contestant or many contestants. It’s up to you as long as you have votes to cast!
Prizes. Contest entrants have the opportunity to compete for cash and/or prizes, which may vary depending on the contest you choose to participate in. Check out our Official Game Rules and Prize page for more information about participating in a contest and how winners are selected for prizes.
Contest Conduct and Content Guidelines
We request that participants demonstrate a certain level of sportsmanship and respect. Please be a "good sport" whether you're winning or losing. We recognize the subjective nature of this and other conduct requests - so beware. Everyone has a different interpretation of what constitutes offensive or disrespectful behavior and content. We expect contest entrants to use a variety of creative campaigning tactics, from provocative comedy to charitable donations. If you find that you are often offended, our contests may not be for you.
We are not able to monitor every aspect of every campaign. The following guidelines will serve as your "how to" guide to playing fair and keeping the experience fun. If you follow these guidelines, the contest will remain competitive, yet still enjoyable... at least for those of us with common sense and a sense of humor.
- Don't be a cheater. You may vote using only one account. Any additional accounts we discover will be suspended, and all votes cast from those accounts will be removed from the vote count.
- Speak freely, but show some respect. We defend your right to express an unpopular point of view. We expect that sensitive subject matter may be discussed, parodied, and highlighted. From time to time, we will make judgment calls about the intent of unpopular content. Deal with it, and move on. However, we don't condone campaigning solely on the basis of race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity. Additionally, we don't permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans one's race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- Save your rage for the road. While some banter between contest participants can be expected in a competition, things like predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy, and revealing other people's personal information are taken very seriously. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently suspended from Creator Republic.
- Get your jollies elsewhere. Creator Republic and our contests are not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your content, campaign poster, profile picture, or Display Name, don't post it on Creator Republic.
- Use your own s#!t. Upload content that you made or that you are authorized to use. More specifically, don't upload content that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets from copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorization.
- Stay in your lane. If you compete in a themed election, you must choose the category that best represents your campaign content. Wearing a Beethoven shirt and playing dubstep while vlogging about bowling will not qualify you to become the next Music King. If we believe your content does not fit the themed election you choose, we may move your campaign to the most appropriate themed election category.
- Spamming sucks. It's not okay to post large amounts of unwanted or repetitive content, including posts and comments, on other users' pages or on the Newsfeed.
If you take these guidelines seriously, you might find that the road to royalty is smooth. Don't waste your time looking for loopholes or lawyer-ly reinterpretations. These guidelines are not written for legal purposes. They exist to inform you of our expectations and the spirit of the competition. Leave subjective decision-making to the folks at Creator Republic.
Thanks to all of you who continue to reward internet awesome!